(Picture courtesy of Oliveaux blog and House Beautiful magazine)
Envision my great room looking just as clean as the room above.
With that kind of motivation, on top of simply being able to relax in my house knowing the chores were done, I took my to-do list to task. It didn't have a chance!
The chocolate chip bars recipe is, for the most part, a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with a secret ingredient that is never placed in writing except for now, cinnamon. A comfort food favorite, I have to make sure I don't make them regularly or my waistline would be in trouble, but every once in awhile I figure why not?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
*1 c. butter
*1 cup sugar
*1/2 c. brown sugar
*1 tsp vanilla
*2 medium eggs
*2 cups & 2 Tbs flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt
*6 oz milk chocolate chips
*1/2 cup walnuts (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a 9x12 inch baking pan.
3. Cream butter and sugars
4. Add liquids (vanilla and eggs)
5. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and secret ingredient. Combine.
6. Add chips and nuts
7. Put into pan
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes.
(For cookies, bake for 12 minutes)