“By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer.” —Helen Hunt Jackson
As I was returning home yesterday from an early morning walk with the boys (see below a few pics), I found myself just savoring this time of year and wanting to frame it and remember it in my mind. Not only was the temperature idyllic, the pace about the neighborhood familiar, the boys ready for their nap and I for work, but there was a feeling of intense beauty and goodness and opportunity as well. What a trifecta of awesomeness, no?
Today I wanted to share with you 10 gifts of September that happen each year and all of which I eagerly anticipate knowing September has arrived. Enjoy and do share what you most look forward to as well in the comments if you would like.
1. Fresh, crisp air with remnants of summer and hints of fall
2. A new season of Oscar potential films in the theater. Visit TSLL each Friday as the weekly This & That posts shares the latest film releases.
3. Fresh new fall clothing options to freshen up the wardrobe. (Check out TSLL’s 2018 Fall Shopping Guide)
4. Fashion Week, or should I say, Fashion Month begins. Each season (fall and spring) I pin my favorite runway looks on Pinterest (check out Fall 2018 – NYC, Milan, London and Paris). Follow TSLL on Pinterest to see what catches my eye this season as it all begins today in NYC.
5. A new season of favorite and new or returning shows – Murphy Brown, House of Cards, Cable Girls, This Is Us, A Million Little Things, Grey’s Anatomy, Chef’s Table, The Romanoffs, Blackish, Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat, Will & Grace, Madam Secretary – just to name a few that are on my list of checking out and enjoying
6. The US Tennis Open (Serena Williams is making her way to even more history, and it is so much fun to watch (and inspiring as well on many levels).)
7. The pumpkins, the pears, the apples, the figs, potatoes and so much fall produce we have been patiently waiting for begins to show up at the market. Check out Food Network’s list of fall produce and what to pair it well.
8. Pumpkin spice! Or better understood to be the following spices as pumpkin doesn’t have a spice – cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. KIND bars even have a Pumpkin Spice bar now – it’s a trend of the season!
9. A new season of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen will premiere! This year on Saturday September 8th (the first season!).
10. New book releases become abundant – Visit TSLL’s weekly This & That which goes live each Friday to discover the latest releases.
Wishing you a lovely September.
~SIMILAR POSTS/EPISODES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~episode #223, 23 Ways to Have a Great Star This Fall
~episode #123, How to Make Fall a Luxurious Season