Yep, San Francisco had me smiling this month most definitely. This picture was captured on our first day, walking along Fisherman’s Wharf. And the picture itself wasn’t expected or planned, but rather just captured me having fun, which encapsulates what the trip will be remembered for most.
Typically I am not a tourist, but rather prefer to travel, but having not visited San Francisco in far too long, I wanted to take in the sights, and get to know the city a bit better. I also wanted to taste the food, which as you will see included below, we certainly did to our delight and great pleasure.
June is a wonderful month with its long temperate days, the pace of summer just beginning to settle in and the ease and length of the holiday stretching before us can’t help but prompt a smile.
Needless to say, it is a month that scoots by far too quickly, but I did my best to savor it as well as I could. I hope you also are having a wonderful June, as we still have a handful of days left to punctuate it in our own way. Below are 10 moments that had me smiling throughout the month. I do hope you enjoy.
1.Planting the white bean seeds I brought home with me from Provence and crossing my fingers that they will sprout! I figure if you plant with a smile, that too is nourishment, non?
2. A wonderful and laughter infused dinner party with friends to kick-off the summer (read more of my thoughts on the evening and see more pictures here)
3. Enjoying the awesomeness that is Tartine’s croissants!
4. Wrapping up the school year and officially kicking off the summer holiday!
5. Watching a very light-hearted murder mystery film starring Jennifer Aniston (she is an executive producer as well), and Adam Sandler (he is also a producer) – the settings in and around Monaco are stunning and the subtle and on-the-nose spoofs of their own celebrity make it fun to watch.
6. San Francisco 🙂 – discover all that we did during the 72-hours of our week-day trip last week.
7. Delighting in how things really can work out better than you expect – for example, our luggage arriving ahead of us, waiting for us to arrive.
8. Walking in the sand with a view of The Golden Gate Bridge
9. Discovering the awesomeness of gladiolas – inexpensive at Trader Joe’s, a bundle for fewer than $6, and they last for a good two weeks!
May the rest of June be kind and pleasurable to you, and may the start of the new season be sweet and memorable.
~View next month’s posting of this regular feature – 16 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (July 2019)
~SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (April 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, (January 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . , (December 2018)
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . ., (October 2018)
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, (September 2018)
~20 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, (August 2018)