September has been kind, and I am thankful. As well, the weather has been deliciously lovely, and I am savoring every minute I have either outside or inside gazing out as it sings its song.
As schedules shifted, days began to grow ever-so-slightly shorter with the drift into far, I have been amazed at how time is flying. Attempting to soak up every minute of the rest of the summer with my boys and enjoy the upcoming season of fall that is stunning in its color and temperate temperatures, I am just thankful for every walk and snuggle with my boys.
TSLL is now stepping into its second year of sharing the monthly “things that made me smile, so far . . . ” list, and I will admit, I do enjoy this regular posting. If nothing else, it prompts me to reflect and deepen my gratitude no matter what may have happened over the past four weeks.
It is my hope that your September went well also, and now to this month’s list of smile moments.
1.Oscar mastering his new dog door (and Norman wondering what’s so amazing about what he does without a second thought).
2. Shamrock Hydrangeas – such a brilliance of green!
3. Indulging in my seasonal guilty pleasure of gazing upon the new collections shared during Fashion Month. Milan shared an abundance of beautiful styles such as Alberta Ferretti’s collection and Jennifer Lopez walked Versace’s and reprised her iconic dress moment from the red carpet in 2000. Follow TSLL on Pinterest to see all of my favorite discoveries – Paris Fashion Week kicks off this week.
4. Transplanting my daffodils from my previous home in my new yard, already eager for spring to arrive to see them bloom again.
5. Reading a book that takes me to France, yet shows me how to welcome my love for the French’s approach to eating into my life here in Oregon.
6. Delighting in the premiere of Downton Abbey, the film over the past weekend, and having expectations surpassed.
7. Being thankful for my career as a teacher and meeting my new students for the year we will share together.
8. Seeing how TSLK viewers are enjoying and welcoming the new season’s recipes into their kitchen and lives. Thank you so much for sharing (be sure to check out the Show Notes of Episodes #2 & #3 as I share pics from readers who have shared their meals).
9. Settling into my home
10. A new drama that caught my attention after watching the pilot. I look forward to checking out the rest of the season.
11. Seeing the first bloom of my Julia Child rose bush bloom
12. Exploring and delighting in a yard and garden that grows and offers a sanctuary to come home to each night (the hydrangeas at the top of the post were found in my neighborhood, and even just having neighbors that also delight in their gardens and yards is a treat I am grateful for).
~SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (September 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (April 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, (January 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . , (December 2018)
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . ., (October 2018)
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, (September 2018)
~20 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, (August 2018)