From deep sofas inviting you to sit and stay for more than a while, to a soaking tub paired with a custom upholstered antique sitting chair, the details in each room ask of the inhabitants to unwind and relax.
A Victorian house renovated by a large family with multiple business, the renovation overseen by interior designer Stephanie Dunning was featured in Homes & Gardens UK recently. Located in Wiltshire, enjoy the full tour here, but first have a look at key takeaways that caught my eye as seen in the rooms in this week’s Decor Inspiration.
KEY DECOR TAKEAWAYS:
- Don’t skimp on the throw pillows for the sofa, and invest in quality fabric and fill.
- Purchase a neutral sofa or sofas and let the pillows add the pop.
- Make sure the living room rug is large enough so that the furniture sits comfortably, and entirely on the rug.
- In the bathroom, add warmth to balance the metal and porcelain (harder surfaces). Perhaps an upholstered chair and soft, lush robes.
- Incorporate warm lighting with table lamps, reading lamps and mounted sconces.
- Mix traditional with a pop of personality (see the leopard chair just below) by upholstering a traditional, classic style in a fabric that is modern and/or seemingly trendy, but actually quite timeless.
This home certainly has personality, but the historic stateliness of the space comes forth effortlessly. Most importantly, it is warm, welcoming and looks oh, so cozy regardless of how large the entire house may appear.