Awash with gentle, subtle colors this Georgian-style country home located in Hampshire, England, was a complete renovation, but the bones, the storied history of the home remained to house both modern and traditional touches creating a soothing sanctuary.
Featured in Homes & Garden UK, I was drawn to the light hues that would be a bright aesthetic to cozy up in on the many rainy days in Britain. Along with two soaking tubs, the homeowner’s bath choices immediately spoke to my favorite way to unwind at the end of the day, and the large stone fireplaces in the living room and kitchen welcome the history of the space creating awe and appreciation for time and artistry.
Key Decor Takeaways:
- Balance upholstery with stone and tile finishes to achieve a balance of warmth and strength, as well as style.
- A grouping of matching pedant lighting creates a stunning visual and add a grand touch.
- A classic British touch – plush, cozy sofas with a smattering of similar hued pillows.
- Subtle, print wallpaper in small spaces to add personality without being overwhelming (see the bathroom below)
- Large tile slabs instead of small tile sizes to again create a grand space.
- The guest bedroom with twin beds and print wallpaper in a muted tone add a touch of regality without pomp.
Be sure to tour the entire home and learn more about the journey from beginning to end with this renovation that begs the owners to slow down and savor.
~Images via Home & Gardens UK