Simple, neutral and seemingly effortless.
With the new Fall Fashion Month beginning in New York this week and running through London, Milan and Paris, it is understandable to think we need to add something that is a “wow” factor to our wardrobe to spruce it up, but as these four French women above demonstrate so well, no “wow” is needed when you know how to curate your style with subtle confidence paired with that something special the French call je ne sais quoi (read this post about finding your je ne sais quoi).
Style components to keep in mind to embody the French Fall Style:
- Stick to neutral hues
- Silk, natural, flowing fabrics that breathe
- Quality footwear (yes, invest), but nothing extravagant in aesthetics.
- Leopard is always in style in just the right amount
- Marrying black and navy will always be a good idea
- V-necks elongate no matter how tall or petite you are
- Add a simple belt
- Show some ankle
- Wear high and low – i.e. an elegant black silk blouse with ripped ankle jeans