Last Tuesday, I shared a list of ways to help you enjoy the beginning of your day and start out on the right foot. Today I’d like to share with you some ways to end the day well, no matter what may have happened after stepped out your door in the morning.
While there are so many things that occur beyond the realm of our control on any given day, we have the choice when we step back into our sanctuary to re-adjust, evaluate and balance out the noise that the outside world brings in. By choosing to take care of ourselves and our well-being we are putting the odds in our favor that tomorrow will be even better than the day before by winding the day down with some tranquil approaches.
1. Enjoy a dinner full of conversation, appetizing food and drink
2. Go for a drive or a bike ride
3. Watch a television show or movie that takes you out of your world, makes you laugh and alleviates your stress if only for the duration.
4. Tidy up the kitchen and the rest of your home, leaving it clean as to help you start your day efficiently the next day.
5. Sit out on a porch swing and watch the sunset.
6. A blissful lavender bubble bath (with a glass of something to help you unwind).
7. Partake in some simple, tranquil exercise approximately two hours before bed – a walk, yoga or something that enables you to release any built up tension or stress before you go to bed.
8. Indulge in a piece of dark chocolate as you slip into bed as a reward for doing the best with the day that presented itself.
9. Sip some soothing black lavender tea
10. Enjoy a simple, light dessert
11. Write down simple luxuries that you are thankful for that occurred during your day
12. Read (book, magazine, newspaper, blogs, etc)
13. Make time for your significant other
14. Go to bed at a decent hour to ensure you receive 6-9 hours of sleep
While these are ways that help me to wrap up the day with a tranquil touch, I’d love to hear what works for you. Please do share.