Located near the centre of London, interior designer Louise Jones’s home offers a cottage welcome and cozy retreat from the bustle of the city.
Full of Victorian cottage decor, Jones has designed a sanctuary that thoughtfully curated without the pomp. From the regal entry (just below), to the lush garden, I have chosen my favorite rooms and shared them here, but be sure to tour the entire home here at House & Garden UK.
- Use a dresser or large console table in the entryway allowing space for table lamps which offer a softer illuminating aesthetic when you first enter your home or welcome guests.
- Keep the walls subtle and solid, but add a touch of statement tiles in the kitchen to focus the attention on the pièce de résistance (the stove – where the magic takes place!).
- Especially if the ceilings are low (which is a difficult design feature to change), welcome as much natural light into each space as possible.
- Welcome unique treasures into the home for storage – note the kitchen counter – the large ceramic jug for cooking utensils and the plates and glasses stored to be seen.
- And lastly, save your Fortnum & Mason hampers (see above the refrigerator in the kitchen) and use as decor (Psst – be sure to enter TSLL’ British Week’s Grand Giveaway – and this basket is a small, if not large hint as to what it will be!)
TSLL BRITISH WEEK 2019 Posts:
Sunday May 19th
- A Giveaway for Anglophiles: A Year’s Subscription to The English Home magazine and more!
- TSLL’s First Annual British Week Begins!
Monday May 20th
- Podcast episode #252: The Characteristics of Being a Late Bloomer, and How Embracing This Gift Could Change the World for Everyone
- The Gown: A Novel of History, Strength and Friendship
- Arrange Your Flowers with Ease and Effortless Finesse with Annabelle Hickson’s New Book: My Interview with the Author
Tuesday May 21st
- Style Inspiration: Ready for Rain
- Two New Notepads Revealed & an All-Site TSLL Shop Sale!
- Roy Kirkham Fine Bone China Giveaway
Wednesday May 22nd
- My Favorite British Inspiration on Instagram, So Far . . .
- Thoughts from the Editor: Rain, Daffodils & Sunshine
Thursday May 23rd
~Do you enjoy reading TSLL blog and visit regularly, but would prefer to read the blog without ads? I have some good news for you. For a limited time, during British Week, the price for a monthly or yearly ad-free subscription has been reduced. Simply use the following promo codes below when you subscribe (or learn how to subscribe) here. The discount runs through Sunday May 26, 2019.
$69.99– Now $60/year – use promo code YEAR60Ad
$6.99– Now $5/month – use promo code BRITWK5Ad.
- Learn more and subscribe here.
Images via House & Garden UK