A luxury in any home is having a master en suite, but perhaps, it is not a luxury. Perhaps, no matter how small the home, so long as a powder room is available for guests, having a master suite for the owners of the home is a necessity. After all, having your own private bathroom to let down your hair, to soak in a hot bubble bath or just take a deep breath without judgment is a necessary space to compose, ground or prepare one’s self.
Interior designer Beata Heuman curated a Sussex cottage and decorated a master en suite that will encourage us all to consider such a architectural detail to be a necessity.
- the wall and ceiling grasscloth wallpaper reminds me of living near the sea, and also as it is a lighter hue, brightens the room without color, creating a “larger” space.
- The high ceilings enlarges the room. Brilliant!
- The chandelier also draws the eye up, again enlarging the space.
- Choosing fewer decor items, but better items, each piece – the dresser, the window treatments, the paired oblong botanical paintings, and upholstered reading chair – create a sense of ease and calm the moment one steps into the space.
- The bathroom keeps the height, also has a window and refuses to clutter too much in the room. Relaxing and inspiring ease and rejuvenation.
Be sure to tour the entire home, which is absolutely worth your time, as Heuman’s interior brilliance is on display.
Images: House & Garden UK