Tarts are one of my favorite desserts, and as it is nearing the end of summer, one of my favorite fruits is coming into season: the pear. Last year I shared this pear dessert recipe and my affection became even more heightened for this lovely fruit. The subtle sweet meat of the pear is comforting and not demanding or competitive with anything else. The pear tends to be something all ages enjoy, and when you work with Julia Child’s magic as well as Michel Roux Jr.‘s on a classic Tarte aux Poires avec Amandes, you have very little to worry about.
I initially began with Julia Child’s recipe which includes Bordeaux in the poaching mixture for the pears as well as the jelly. However, I wanted to simplify the process, and turned to Michel Roux Jr.’s recipe which is where I followed his poaching method for the pears. Julia’s frangipane is magnificent, and do not be intimidated by the fancy, (albeit quite titilating on the tongue and fun to say) term “frangipane”. Originating in Italy, it translates to “that breaks the bread”. Frangipane has become a classic pastry filling in France and is often associated with Christmas (it is rich and decadent, and certainly a special treat).
I’ve included images of the process with the recipe below, and I must say, it was a simple recipe to make. The presentation of the pears creates an air of sophistication that really is quite easy to produce. Have fun and enjoy this simply luxurious recipe.
~View more TSLL Recipes here
TSLL 2017 French Week continues through August 12th. Amusez-vous bien!
Don’t Miss What Has Been Posted So Far:
- TSLL French Week Begins: A French Linen Giveaway
- My 10 All-Time Favorite French Books
- A Lifestyle Blog Designed for Francophiles: TSLL
- Episode #167 of the Podcast: My Good Life in France: Janine Marsh
- 9 French Online Clothing Destinations & Brands You Must Visit
- Style Inspiration: Effortlessly French
- My Stylish French Box: Enjoy the Seasonal Gifts of France Wherever You Live
- Episode #168 of the Podcast: French Everyday Living with Author & Blogger Sharon Santoni
- 15 Kitchen Tools to Cook Anything Like a Pro
- Subscribe to TSLL Newsletter Tailored Just For You
- Putting on the Ritz: Cooking Classes at the Ritz Paris
- 11 Brands for French Stripes: Classic & Modern
- Outfit of the Week: Attire for a Flâneuse on a Summer Evening
- This & That: August 11, 2017 (a double dose of French books, films, cookware and clothing to enjoy!)