Welcome to The Simply Luxurious Kitchen and its first season and episode!
I am very excited to welcome you into my kitchen which has become a haven of curiosity and exploration for me over the years and share with you what I have learned to simplify and amplify the flavor in your everyday cooking excurions.
As I shared in the pilot episode, the ultimate goal of this new vodcast series is to help viewers discover how to enjoy the everyday cooking that will elevate the quality of our lives. In other words, enjoy stepping into the kitchen.
The first season is focused on simple everyday meals – with ideas for dinner and lunch as well as breakfast and of course a few desserts to enjoy as well. There will be eight episodes in our first season, and a new one will air first here on the blog (as well as on iTunes or wherever you download your podcasts/vodcasts) each Saturday morning through October 27th (and become available on Youtube within 24 hours).
Each episode will be accompanied with detailed show notes which will include the full recipe, links to anything that was mentioned, as well as kitchen tools and utentils that were used in the episode.
~Want a preview of the upcoming episodes for the first season? Subscribe to TSLL’s Weekly Newsletter which is delivered each Friday and shares exclusively with subscribers the subject of the upcoming episode which will go live the next day.
And now, to the first episode of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen! Discover how to make Sole Meunière, a side of Haricots Verts (green beans), clarified butter, a simple fresh green salad tossed with homemade vinaigrette paired with cheese – two courses of simple, flavorful food.
~Cook & Share! I would love to share your Simply Luxurious Kitchen inspired experiences from your kitchen! Tag me on Instagram with @thesimplyluxuriouslife #tslkitchen and your post could appear on my Instagram feed.
Links from the Episode:
- Lunch with Julia Child (so to speak) at La Couronne – Learn more about my dining experience this summer at La Couronne in Rouen, France – the destination for Julia Child’s first French meal where she enjoyed this classic fish dish.
- Discover the 34 must-Have Items to Stock Your épicerie (pantry) with to ensure you can prepare any meal no matter what the season.
- Shop TSLL Kitchen Store to find the items used in this episode and many more (below are the items from this episode):
- Fish Spatula (similar)
- Provence Moutardes – they are available to be shipped throughout Europe (unfortunately, not to the United States)
- Copper Fish Skillet (refurbished vintage French copper – from Rabbit Hill )
- Copper Sauce Pan – Part of a Graduated set of four, given to me by my mother who found them at a second-hand store for $50. On a couple of the handles, the text reads Turkey Ali’s Copper Shop Adana. They needed polishing, but have become a staple in my kitchen.
- Mason Cash Mixing Bowls
- White square dinner plates, Crate and Barrel (similar)
- Spider Strainer (used with Haricots Verts)
- Mesh Strainer (for clarified butter)
- Cheese Cloth
- Peugeot 9″ Natural Pepper Mill
- Oil Dispenser (used for homemade vinaigrette)
- Terracotta Wine Cooler
- E.Dehillerin 23″ Chef’s Knife
~View all episodes of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen here.