Cooking in the kitchen is when I take a breath from the day.
Especially when I am cooking for one person (that would be me! ;)), this routine of imagining in my mind what I am craving, letting my appetite anticipate the deliciousness that will soon be savored, and finding balance and nutrition in what I bring together to make a meal that is satiating shuts out everything else and allows me to breathe deeply and with ease no matter what has gone on during the rest of the day or what I have to do on the other side of the meal.
And the good news is, the meals need not be complicated or time consuming to encompass all of the above.
With each trip I make to France, each dining opportunity I have in the country that has taught me to eat with the seasons, moving with them instead of ignoring them, as well as dining experiences most recently in San Francisco, as well as Portland and the town I call home, Bend, Oregon. The aha discovery is as refreshing as the fresh, full of flavor combinations and food selections that are presented.
For the second season of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen, I am excited to bring to you recipes inspired by my trip to Paris and Louviers, Normandy, this summer, as well as a most memorable dinner in Berkeley at Alice Waters’ Chez Panisse, and other outings around San Francisco. Also, viewers have asked that I share with them meals I enjoy during my everyday work week. And while each of the eight episodes share just this, I also have a couple of episodes dedicated solely to meals I enjoy quite regularly at the end of a busy day that are simple and full of wonderful flavor.
For the premiere of the second season, the first episode takes us to Louviers as well as to the Oregon Coast. Today’s recipe Moules Marinière, and more specifically Moules Marinière à la Crème, holds a special place in my dining memories as it happens to have been enjoyed and talked about on some very special occasions. All of which I will share during the episode.
Also, it is my hope that the audio quality is clear and easy to hear and understand as that was the one constructive feedback that viewers suggested for this new season. While I am still learning about this field of videography, I think you will be pleased with the upgrade as you will hear not only my voice more clearly, but the lovely symphony that is unique to tinkering in the kitchen.
And now, without further ado, the second season of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen! Stop by each Saturday for the next eight weeks to enjoy a new episode.
Links from the Episode:
- Attending Susan Herrmann Loomis’ Cooking Class in Louviers, Normandy, France (July 2019)
- I want to send a tremendous thank you to my fellow classmate in Susan’s class, Suzie, for recording my segment with Susan in her kitchen.
- The recipe was inspired by my dining experience at Huguette Bistro de la Mar in the 6th arrondisement in Paris. Learn more about the restaurant here and discover eight other places I recommend visiting in Paris.
- A simple vinaigrette: 3 tablespoons top quality extra virgin olive oil (Lucini’s is the brand I keep on hand for special occasions and dressings. You can usually find it in your local grocery store for less than what you will find it online.), 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, a smidge of freshly ground pepper.
- Mango Wood Serving Bowl, from Food52
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven (many sizes and colors)
- Copper cocotte with lid – I picked this one up in Normandy at a brocante. Similar here.
~Cook & Share! I would love to share your Simply Luxurious Kitchen inspired experiences from your kitchen! Tag me on Instagram with @thesimplyluxuriouslife #tslkitchen and your post could appear on my Instagram feed. Many readers have already shared their meals inspired by recipes from TSLKitchen. Check out TSLL’s IG Story Highlights – titled, Viewers’ Recipes.
SIMILAR CONTENT YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- View all of the episodes from Season 1 and 2 here in the cooking show’s archives.
- Did you know TSLL has an annual French Week? Yep! The fourth annual week just wrapped up. Here is a round-up of all of the posts and giveaways that were included.
- Follow TSLL on Instagram, and see what I’ve been up to in the kitchen this past year – #tsllkitchen
- View more TSLL Recipes