I love breakfast.
I sincerely will get excited about waking up in the morning to have my breakfast. The boiling hot water to sip as the day gradually begins, the refreshing taste of a spritz of lemon in my avocado smear for my toast and a squeeze in my hot water as well as the beautiful sunnyside up egg and warming steel oats full of all sorts of goodies.
Such a simple everyday routine has become one of the highlights of the day, and why not have a highlight start the day, non? 🙂
No matter what time in the morning you begin your day, when we start it with a delicious, as well as healthy and energy generating meal, we are putting the odds in our favor that the day will have as much of an opportunity to go well as possible. After all, as we discussed this past Monday on the podcast, the key to improving our lives, is recognizing what we have control over and tending to these areas as best as we possibly can.
In the third episode of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen, viewers will learn how to prepare the meal I have nearly every morning and why I choose to do this (I have been enjoying a version of the same breakfast for about 10 years now): Steel Oats cooked with chia seeds finished with my favorite accroutrements – honey, almonds and raisins, as well as a sunnyside up egg and my latest addition, a simple avocado smear toast. And I will share even more ideas for a delicious meal if you would like eggs as your protein, but perhaps soft-boiled and cleanly topped for dunking a slice of your favorite toast (or soldiers or mouillettes as the recipe calls them) with the recipe for œufs et mouillettes.
Also, I share my morning routine which during the summer months includes paddling boarding with my pups. Enjoy a glimpse of some of our excursions over the past few years.
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for something warm, something simple, but something delicious, and that is exactly what today’s episode will share with you. Have a look below and enjoy this week’s The Simply Luxurious Kitchen!
See TSLL readers/viewers share their meals inspired by TSL Kitchen below!
~Cook & Share! I would love to share your Simply Luxurious Kitchen inspired experiences from your kitchen! Tag me on Instagram with @thesimplyluxuriouslife #tslkitchen and your post could appear on my Instagram feed.
- from @abrewedawakeningblog – she used her favorite fish and what was available at her market, made the same sauce from Episode #1 and wow! Looks delicious! (Check out episode 1, season 1 here.)
Review the Vodcast on iTunes (or wherever you download your podcasts)
~A tremendous thank you to Tracey S. who shared this review on iTunes recently regarding the vodcast.
Living Simply Luxuriously! This is a wonderful podcast. I’ve been following Shannon’s blog for years and it just keeps getting better. Now with this addition of cooking, I’m so looking forward to what the season has to offer. As a fellow Francophile, I love the French touch she puts into everything. Her topics on health, beauty, fashion, decorating and how to live a better life are truly inspiring. There is something for everyone. I don’t usually write reviews but really wanted to let everyone know what a treasure her blog posts are. Thank you, Shannon!
Links from the Episode:
- Discover the 34 must-Have Items to Stock Your épicerie (pantry) with to ensure you can prepare any meal no matter what the season.
- Shop TSLL Kitchen Store to find the items used in this episode and many more (below are the items from this episode):
- The Original Clack Egg Opener
- Ceramic egg holder – dozen & single – from Etsy, from Sur la Table
- Copper Sauce Pan – Part of a Graduated set of four, given to me by my mother who found them at a second-hand store for $50. On a couple of the handles, the text reads Turkey Ali’s Copper Shop Adana. They needed polishing, but have become a staple in my kitchen.
- Season Fruits and Vegetables print – Modvin, save 10% off your first order with promo code TSLL
- White square dinner plates, Crate and Barrel (similar)
- Spider Strainer (used with Haricots Verts)
- Peugeot 9″ Natural Pepper Mill
- E.Dehillerin 23″ Chef’s Knife
- Ramekins, 8 oz
- Porcelain Milk Carafe with lid (for the heavy cream)
- Weck glass storage jars (a variety of sizes and shapes)
- Le Creuset Ceramic honey pot and dipper
- Copper Skillet from Mauviel – 10″ skillet
~View all episodes of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen here.