As the founder of The Simply Luxurious Life blog, I have learned far more than I could have ever fathomed with regards to the new and ever changing world of social media. To my readers, those who have been reading since the beginning and those who have just introduced themselves, I am so grateful for your support, your willingness to share this blog with friends and for traveling with me on this journey that genuinely is a dream that I wasn’t quite certain would ever materialize.
Normally, on the first day of the work week I share with you an inspirational post; however, today it will be slightly different (rest assured, next Monday I will be back on schedule).
Today, I’d like to say hello again and allow us to meet face-to-face this time. Quite some time ago I set a handful of goals in place regarding my blog and writing career and today is one of those goals realized. Being a writer it’s easy to hide behind your words, but I’ve always felt it was important to reassure my readers that I am someone who practices what I preach as I try to maintain a simply luxurious life with regards to style, attitude, money and overall approach to living.
While an image can only say so much, it still reveals quite a bit, and today, I’d like to introduce myself once again.
While on the look-out for a photographer who understood my blog’s premise and embodied high quality talent and professionalism, one of my readers, Tara Jones, caught my attention. After quite a few months, it became evident that she was more than capable of handling the photo shoot I had in mind.
Flare Productions, run solely by Tara, is a photography business located in Santa Barbara but which also takes her across the country capturing weddings, business landscapes, profile portfolio, families, and anything in between. Being trained at the highly respected Brooks Institute, Tara is a consummates professional that immediately caused me to be at ease while she adapted to the bustling afternoon rush hour in Portland, Oregon, on a Friday in early August this past month (at one point she was standing in the middle of the road amongst stagnate traffic in order to acquire a particular shot).
When it comes to women (and men as well) who muster up the courage to follow their passions and take a worthwhile risk, Tara’s hard work which is leading to an already very successful career, is absolutely inspiring and encouraging. I can’t thank Tara enough for the positive experience I had during this photo shoot in Portland. It was a memory creating in large part because of the blog and the support of my readers that I will never forget.
Here are a few of the many lessons that I have learned since I founded The Simply Luxurious Life nearly two years ago:
What I’ve Learned So Far . . .
1. Possibilities are endless if you’re willing to try.
2. Inspiration is everywhere just waiting to be discovered.
3. Writing and having the fortunate opportunity to share it with others is what feeds my soul.
4. Always remain curious. It never hurts to ask.
5. For the many new people I have had the pleasure and privilege of meeting, thank you for reaching out. I feel very fortunate.
6. Stand tall in your stilettos, ballet flats or boots, whatever you choose to wear because as long as you keep persevering, the answers do come.
7. Above all, have respect for yourself first – your feelings, your passions, your thoughts, your body, your life.
8. Pay the kindness that has been given to you forward so that it multiplies.
9. Always keep a little mystery.
10. Read, read and read some more. An educated mind gives you a leg up and reduces unnecessary worry and fear.
11. Always do your best without being asked.
12. A good sense of style is one of the keys to success in life, love and business.
13. Nothing worth having ever came easy or quickly.
14. Know thyself.
15. Be willing to fully immerse yourself in whatever emotion you’re feeling and then let go and move on completely. Don’t dwell – move forward.
16. Have the courage to pursue your dreams, even if no one understands or supports you. In the end you’ll realize who loves you because of who you are or because of who they wanted you to be, and in that case be thankful for the former and forget the latter.
Thank you so much for stopping by to taste a bit of the simply luxurious life. Have a beautiful Tuesday.
All images via Flare Productions – photographer Tara Jones, makeup by Elizabeth from Bobbi Brown cosmetics