April was a month of wonderful, buoyant highs and unexpected, shocking lows. The lows were not directly experienced, but rather collectively, making the shock easier to absorb, but none-the-less unwanted and pained. The highs, interestingly enough, would not have been known or recognized to an outsider, but oh, how they were grand and spectacular days and moments to celebrate.
With that said, I wanted to share a few moments that made me smile, or brought enjoyment to my days, unexpected, simply and/or appreciatively, and hope that you had many moments throughout this month so far to make you smile as well.
1.Taking a moment during the middle of the week last week to enjoy a documentary about Rembrandt at a boutique theater
2. This moment with the boys and the balloon toddler, and observing the gentleness of my boys, as well as Norman’s true enthusiasm to meet and greet.
3. Rearranging my living room furniture and creating a far more true-to-the-inhabitant space than I had realized was possible.
4. And I cannot forget about the recent croissant exploration and ecstatic success with the attempt (view the recipe and more images here).
5. Slowly savoring this book, reading a new page or two each night and discovering wonderful new classical music to add to my playlists.
6. Speaking of books I am enjoying or have enjoyed captured in the above image, The Gown will be reviewed next month here on the blog, but I recommend highly picking this book up now and enjoying a wonderful fictional tale told from three women’s perspectives about a historic British wedding gown.
7. Since we’re staying in Britain, I stumbled upon this new series on Netflix set in London post WWII – Traitors. It is a bit intense, and includes sex scenes, however, most tastefully, along with suggested violence as the plot revolves around spies, but the lead is a female who is smart, courageous and wide-eyed about all that she sees for the first time behind the scenes working for the Americans. Check out the trailer below.
8. A lovely walk with a good friend from a younger generation who is inspiring as she is full of strength and kindness.
9. The Season Finales of a few of the shows I enjoy – Will & Grace and Madame Secretary.
10. The welcoming of the table I have longed waited to find into my home.
11. A wonderful day beginning with the first visit to the local nursery to pick up the annuals and perennials for my pots and the herbs for my garden and ending with the discovery of a new-to-me-film set in 1682 Versailles.
~Follow @thesimplyluxuriouslife on Instagram where many of these “moments that made me smile” were originally shared.
~View next month’s regular post of this feature – 10 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (May 2019)
~SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, January 2019
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . , December 2018
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . ., October 2018
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, September 2018
~20 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, August 2018