When Ines de la Fressange published her first Parisian style guide in 2011, Parisian Chic, I was ecstatic (read my detailed review here). Full of an abundance of style guidelines for women, the book also included Fressange’s favorite go-to boutiques and destinations in Paris.
Then last year, she did it again with Parisian Chic Look Book: What Should I Wear Today?, which was the focus of episode #151 of the podcast – 10 Style Tips to Embrace the French Woman’s Approach to Effortless Chic.
Full of illustrations and photographs, each book is a timeless resource, and now she has done it again for the men.
The Parisian Field Guide to Men’s Style by Ines de la Fressange and Sophie Gachet is the book for men who are seeking to find their signature style all the while looking effortless and uniquely themselves. Below are a bevy of highlights that are found within the pages as I had the opportunity to receive and enjoy an advance copy.
- Details 58 specific, different styles of men (above is defined as Streamlined)
- All age ranges are depicted with men wearing the styles described
- Illustrates style Don’ts
- Shares the basics of looking good
- Breaks down the necessity for color in some capacity
- Reveals outfits that are out of date
- Teaches how to tie a tie five different ways
- The must-have: Details the perfect wardrobe (a capsule wardrobe of sorts)
- All you’ve ever wanted to know about watches
- Where to shop for clothing, fragrance, even food in Paris
- Specifies grooming tips and how to master them
The book will be released on May 15th, but you can preorder now. The Parisian Field Guide to Men’s Style by Ines de la Fressange and Sophie Gachet.