Fall is just about upon us and the apples are abundant at the market. What a wonderful way to welcome into our homes the new season by making a classic French dessert – Apple Tart Tatin!
I have always been fascinated by this recipe, tried it a multitude of different times and ways, and it was over the summer that I discovered what worked best for me – smaller apple slices and keeping it simple.
In this second season’s third episode, discover how to make a dish that will delight your tastebuds and be surprisingly easy to make. While there is some patience involved as you wait for the caramel sauce to arrive at its beautiful luscious amber color and consistency, overall, the construction of the dish is simple. I will offer a few tips and tricks for elevating the flavor and having a successful flip and reveal. As well, I will be cooking and using my beloved copper and showing and sharing why I love it and how to clean it.
And now to the episode! I do hope you enjoy.
How to Polish/Clean Copper
- Cat of Rabbit Hill Copper’s recommendation (mix up these three ingredients in approximate equal proportions, then use a cloth rag to clean the copper. Rinse with water):
- sea salt
- lemon juice
- Bar Keeper’s Friend (liquid or powder) or Bar Keeper’s Helper (the classic and most trusted)
Links from the Episode:
- Posts mentioned:
- Butter Tasting and My Favorite French Butter
- TSLL’s 4th Annual French Week, Round-Up
- Mauviel Copper Tatin Dish
- E.Dehillerin’s copper tatin dish (where I found mine with handles)
- Hôtel Tatin
- Pastry Cloth and Frame
- What My Old Copper Tea Kettle Taught Me
- all the details about retinning my copper tea kettle are shared.
~Cook & Share! I would love to share your Simply Luxurious Kitchen inspired experiences from your kitchen! Tag me on Instagram with @thesimplyluxuriouslife #tslkitchen and your post could appear on my Instagram feed. Many readers have already shared their meals inspired by recipes from TSLKitchen. Check out TSLL’s IG Story Highlights – titled, Viewers’ Recipes. And see the most recent shares since Season 1 wrapped up as viewers began to explore the recipes in their own kitchens.
Catch up on the first season of episodes here.
Check out previous episode from Season 2 of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen
Season 2 Premiere – Moules Marinière à la Crème
Season 2, Episode #2, My Friday Night Lemon Butter Shrimp Pasta