April brought the beauty, the natural beauty, and it was a much needed distraction and tool to awaken and remind me of all that is worth celebrating and focusing on in the everyday.
April brought very few showers, but it brought much sunshine, and beautiful clear blue bird sky days as we call them in Bend. A few ideas and projects were furthered or started which gave the ease of progress in our current times as we slowly begin to see an easing of stay-at-home orders. I have been determined to share what has truly lifted my spirits each day, and delightfully have found much to brighten the days. I hope you too have been able to see more of the beauty of your everydays even during our current times. Below are 16 things, of what I am thankful to say many more, that made me smile this April.
1.The generosity of neighbors
2. The cherry blossoms have begun to bloom
3. The generosity of TSLL readers
From sharing books and clothing items and recipes and decor items they have an inkling I will appreciate and enjoy as well as share with the entire TSLL community (they were right!), thank you tremendously. As well as introducing the podcast, the blog, the books to people you think will enjoy TSLL, that is truly the best compliment.
4. Seeing a surprise bloom in my rock wall and then discovering the name of the color is Buttercream!
5. The arrival of a much-anticipated new cookbook – Everyone Can Bake
6. The Daffodils, the daffodils, the daffodils began to bloom and bloomed all month long.
7. The first savoring of fresh rhubarb from the yard.
8. Sitting on the porch with the boys in the morning when a beautiful day begins to unfold
9. Witnessing sown seeds emerge from the earth, gain strength upon being transplanted, and arriving even closer to being planted in the garden.
10. Stumbling upon a lesser-known British mystery series – Mrs. Bradley Mysteries (enjoy watching it on BritBox)
You may recognize the chauffeur George (who co-stars) as he is now the current DS Barnaby in Midsomer Murders. However, while there is only one season for television, the entire show is based on Gladys Mitchell’s long series of 69 Mrs. Bradley mysteries. (here is the list of mysteries in order)
11. Friday evening dinner rituals – good food – homemade or take-out – in celebration of wrapping up a week.
12. Finishing hanging the grasscloth in the foyer
Stay tuned for a tour of the room in the first week of May!
13. The scent of fresh flowers filling the house
14. Gorgeous, life lifting morning sunshine streaming through the house
15. Simple floral arrangements being just as smile-inducing as a large bouquet
16. A slower pace to see all that is beautiful and amazing about the everyday
Now April still has two more days. Let’s make the most of them. 🙂
SIMILAR POSTS FROM THE ARCHIVES
~16 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2020)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (January 2020)
~15 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (November 2019)
~15 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (October 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (September 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (August 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (April 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, (January 2019)