~The Simple Sophisticate, episode #203
~Subscribe to The Simple Sophisticate: iTunes | Stitcher | iHeartRadio | YouTube
Author of The Provençal Mystery series, featuring Antoine Verlaque and Marine Bonnet, M.L. Longworth joins me on today’s episode of the podcast to discuss her latest mystery in the series which was just released on April 3rd, The Secrets of the Bastide Blanche.
Having lived in Aix-en-Provence for more than 20 years, M.L. shares insights into her daily routine, what she most looks forward to when it comes to Provençal spring cuisine as well as shares tips and recommendations for what to pack might you be traveling to the region. As a writing professor at NYU’s campus in Paris, I also had the opportunity to ask her about her writing process and how she instructs students to find their narrative voice.
Most importantly, we talk about the plot for her new novel The Secrets of the Bastide Blanche, where her inspiration for her lead characters comes from and other details that fans of her series will love to be privy to (I know I was). Be sure to tune and don’t forget to enter the giveaway on Instagram (details shared below).
~TSLL’s office (Norman waiting for his treat) pre-taping of my interview with M.L. Longworth, shared on Instagram~
Read M.L. Longworth’s entire series in order:
- 1st – Death at Chateau Bremont
- 2nd – Murder in the Rue Dumas
- 3rd – Death in the Vines
- 4th – Murder on the Ile Sordou
- 5th – The Mystery of the Lost Cézanne
- 6th – The Curse of La Fontaine
- 7th (discussed in today’s episode – the latest!) – The Secrets of the Bastide Blance
Learn more about M.L. (Mary Lou) Longworth:
- Her website – mllongworth.com
- Instagram @mllongworth (the image in the upper right-hand corner if from M.L.’s IG account)
Shop Les Tropezienne sandals discussed in the episode:
Update 4/13/18: The winners have been selected! Thank you to all who entered, shared with a friend and said hello!
Three lucky listeners/readers will receive:
- a copy of The Secrets of the Bastide Blanche by M.L. Longworth (released April 3, 2018)
- AND a L’Occitane lavande sachet parfumé (lavender sachet)
- Both can be seen in the image below
How to Enter:
- Only on Instagram
- Three ways to enter (you may enter each way, so you can increase your chances of winning)
- (1) Follow @thesimplyluxuriouslife & like the respective post with the similar image seen below on Instagram
- (2) Leave a comment on the respective IG post
- (3) Tag a friend who you think might enjoy the book
- Monday April 9 – Thursday April 12 (midnight, Pacific Time)
- Winners will be chosen at random
- Winners will be announced on Instagram AND in TSLL’s Weekly Newsletter (learn more here) on Friday April 13th